Thursday, April 7, 2011

Movie Moments: Bugsby Berkeley

One of my favorite things to do is watch old films from the late 20's thru the mid 40's. What I love most is the unique creativity and beauty that is revealed in each of these films. I remember I was up late one night and happen to come across the Turner Movie Classic channel which so happen to be featuring movies produced & choreographed by the very talented visionary of his time, Bugsby Berkeley. For those who are not familiar with his works, he has produced films such as 42nd Street, Gold Diggers of 1933 and I Live for Love. He is well known for his elaborate musical production numbers that often involved complex geometric patterns that creates a kaleidoscope effect which is created by various camera angles and beautiful show girls. He is a sheer creative genius in the old world film industry that is sure to inspire many.


No comments:

Post a Comment