Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lazy Day Travels: Pismo Beach, CA

In lue of Mother's Day coming up, I wanted to share my recent trip to one of my favorite little beach towns, Pismo Beach, CA. I had the pleasure of spending time with my beloved son for an early Mother's Day trip. It was a beautiful sunny day and thus, I could barely contain my excitement as we cruised up the 101 highway. After we arrived, we cruised the main street shops filled with candy stores, surf shops and amazing small town restaurants before hitting the sand. One store I am surely a fan of is Pancho's Surf Shop. There you will find sweet surfer boys who will provide you with top knotch customer service. I was surely amazed at the clear blue water despite the fact that it was a bit frosty. Several hours later, we had worked up quite an appetite as we had tuckered ourselves out from running up and down the shoreline combing the beach for sand dollars and sea shells. We headed over to Brad's Fish & Chips which is one of the two best places in town to have a bread bowl choc of clam chowder along with a plate of their delicious fish & chips. The other sweet spot for a hot bowl of well crafted clam chowder is Splash Cafe, if you can handle the long line that wraps around the corner. Afterwards, we made a pit stop at Hot Lix candy shop to check out the mystifying chocolate covered crickets and earth worms (although I was not daring enough to give one a taste test). I highly recommend everyone to take a trip to this amazing beach town which is made for tourists, surfers, skaters and bikers alike!








No comments:

Post a Comment