Sunday, March 13, 2011

Movie Moments: METROPIA

I was recently hanging out at home wishing I was feeling better over my cold. As I was flipping through the hundreds of channels desperate to find something worth watching, I came across this movie METROPIA in the search guide. As I clicked on for more info about the movie, one notation that stuck out aside from the basic film description was "animation" and I thought to myself, "This could either be really good or a waste of my two seconds spent clicking on this channel..." I figured I only live once so why not just check it out. 

Low and behold I stumbled across a movie that completely blew my mind in every way. Just the visual aspects alone caters to my love of paintings as this is unlike any animated movie style I've seen. It's literally like watching a surreal-ity painting coming to life. With its uniquely sensual, strange, matrix-like plot (minus all the Keanu Reeves one liners, thankfully) I simply couldn't move my eyes from the screen and found myself completely wrapped up in the main character's journey! There's also an added bonus to all the Hello Kitty lovers out there as images are sprinkled throughout the movie...LOVE LOVE! If you are a lover of art and love to stimulate your intellectual mind, I highly recommend watching this movie! 




No comments:

Post a Comment